Nigerian Puff Puff RecipeQC Grocery Store
Are you craving a mouth-watering sweet treat? Our Puff Puff Balls are incredibly easy to make and will quickly become a favourite.
3 Cups Plain Flour
1 Cup Caster Sugar/Granulated Sugar (Or according to your taste)
4 tsp. Instant Yeast
Sprinkle of Nutmeg
Pinch of Salt
2 Cups Warm Water
- Sift the flour to get rid of any unwanted particles and to loosen it.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with a spatula.
- Gradually add warm water and mix together with the dry ingredients mixture.
- Place the mixture in a warm place i.e. your oven or microwave. Leave it to rise for about 45 minutes. It should double in size. If the mixture doesn’t rise, it means something is wrong with your yeast. Preferably use instant yeast so you don’t need to soak it in water first, just add to flour.
- Pour vegetable oil in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Now scoop the mixture with your measuring spoon (1 tbsp. scoop) into the pan of oil (see video to see how this is done). Getting perfect round Puff Puffs is an art… we can cheat our way through it.
- Fry in small batches. Flip it once it starts to brown, until it is a nice golden brown all over.
- Transfer from the pan to another bowl to drain the oil!
The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt fail me just as much as this one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could possibly fix if you werent too busy searching for attention.